CreatedTuesday, 10 January 2017
Created byMarcus Nardizzi
Last modifiedThursday, 14 December 2017
Revised byMarcus Nardizzi
Favourites6 ITF /content_page/81-pages/6-itfClick to subscribe
Taekwon-Do Impact is affiliated to the ITF The ITF is the International Taekwon-Do Federation, founded on March 22nd, 1966, by General Choi Hong Hi, who developed Taekwon-Do, to promote the teaching of this martial art. imageimage
At that time, nine countries were involved: Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, West Germany, USA, Turkey, Italy, and Egypt. Taekwon-Do is now taught in almost every country in the world, and General Choi is recognized as the Father of Taekwon-Do.
The International Taekwon-Do Federation is legally registered in Austria and has its headquarters in Vienna.
The mission of the ITF is to represent, promote, and work for the development of the practice of Taekwon-Do in all countries by:
coordinating and certifying Taekwon-Do activities such as competitions and seminars setting and enforcing high quality standards for technical and teaching identifying and collaborating with affiliated organizations, such as Continental Federations, National Associations, and Allied National Associations providing assistance to local Taekwon-Do organizations Certification for Black Belt holders, international instructors and umpires
The objectives of the ITF are:
Promote and develop Taekwon-Do as a means of building a better society on a foundation of peace, freedom, and justice Regulate the teaching of Taekwon-Do as well as the development of new methods and practices Improve the quality of Taekwon-Do instruction by applying high standards of ethics, conduct, education, and achievement Establish and maintain the highest standards of professional ethics and conduct for all members of the ITF Coordinate ITF Taekwon-Do activities around the world Resolve disagreements and conflicts between members Operate the ITF in countries around the globe without discrimination on any basis; this includes race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and political beliefs.
This information was extracted from the official ITF website www.tkd-itf.org.
- 1966 March 22nd – ITF founded by General Choi Hong Hi, the Father of Taekwon-Do
- 1969 – First Asian Tournament, Hong Kong
- 1972 – ITF headquarters moved to Toronto (Canada)
- 1974 – First World Championships, Montreal (Canada)
- 1976 – First Euroliean Championships, Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 1979 – First liacific Championships, Wellington, (New Zealand)
- 1982 – North American Federation created
- 1983 – Central American Federation created
- 1985 – ITF headquarters moved to Vienna (Austria)
- 2002 – June 15th – death of General Choi Hong Hi, Mr. Russell McClellan became Acting president
- 2003 – June 13th – election of Master Trân Trięu Quân as president of the ITF at the 14th Congress of ITF , Warsaw (Poland)
- 2007 – June 1st – Re-election of Master Trân Triêu Quân for a second mandate as president of the ITF at the 16th Congress of ITF, Quebec City (Canada)
- 2010 – The tragic death of Grand Master Trân Trięu Quân, president of the ITF in the Haiti earthquake.
- 2011 – Election of Grand Master Trajtenberg as president of the ITF.